Bostonia Rantida

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Bus Is Just Packed

I take the 9 bus in every day, and living where I do, it's not too hard to get on and, usually, get a seat. If my stop looks particularly crowded, I'll even go to the earlier one and jump on there sometimes. But as I learned when I lived on the West Side of Southie (Cityside, I think they call it), you miss a lot of busses over on that side, once you pass Perkins Square, because they're all filled up by then.

This is problematic, because a lot of people get left behind all the damn time, especially when it's really hot or cold or rainy, which is like 85% of the time, I'd say.

Other problem is, when do most people have to go to work? 9 am, right? Yeah. So explain to me why the bus schedule has busses leaving at the following times:

  • 8:25
  • 8:32
  • 8:40


See the 8:25 and 8:32 busses? Those'll get you there by nine (as will anything earlier, of course, but who commutes like that?) -- in fact, the 8:32 bus claims to arrive at Copley at 9:04, which yeah, it sometimes does. But the 8:40 has you there by 9:12. So ...? Why isn't there, at least, another bus running at, say, 8:36? I've been riding this bus since last March, although my work hours have changed in that time, and this has always been a problem. My preferred solution is to have a bus that doesn't stop at Broadway and one does, and they leave at the same time. The Broadway peeps can all take the normal bus, but the Copley Express will stop until B street and skip Broadway before making the rest of the normal stops. I mean, I don't know. There has to be a solution to this, though. The bus I got on two days ago stopped its last time at H street before getting to Broadway. It was just too packed to take on more passengers. Seems a little ridiculous to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home