Bostonia Rantida

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Memo to Bostonians: It's Not That Cold Out

As I flipped and flopped my way through the square today, I saw boots aplenty. I saw jackets drawn about people tightly. I saw, God help me, scarves. Wrapped around necks! Tightly! Wooly looking scarves!

Dudes, it's 60 degrees out. There's a breeze, but it's not exactly biting. I realize that it's cloudy and grey out, but OH MY GOD, it isn't that cold. Shoot, I was sweating by the time I got back to work, having walked about a mile on my break -- I had to take off my (very thin) cardigan, in fact.

I know I'm the exception, not the rule. I know that I'm always roasting. But seriously, it's early October, and it's just not that cold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Heh. Found your post via Universal Hub, and you are SO right! I wore a turtleneck and brought a coat with me today because the stupid "meteorologists" claimed it was going to be WICKED COLD today. I didn't even put on the coat and I was still sweating by the time I got to work. At lunch time everyone said, "Oh, wear your coat out -- it's WICKED COLD!" SO I again brought my coat but didn't put it on. People, seriously. It's October in Boston. Until the flakes start to fly you really need to relax or you'll have nothing to wear when it really does get WICKED COLD.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Ron Newman said...

Cold? We have all our office windows open right now.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home