Bostonia Rantida

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Maybe the "C" Stands for "Christmas"

圣诞快乐 新年快乐
(Shèngdàn Kuàilè Xīnnián Kuàilè)

So, I was buying a few grocery items at C Mart yesterday and the tune of the music sounded familiar -- they play music in there, generally, but it being in an Asian language that I don't understand (well, I don't understand any of them, technically ... French is my specialty), I usually can't hazard a guess as to what the song is about. Yesterday, I realized that they were playing Christmas carols in another language. It made me smile, listening to children sing "Jingle Bells." Even though I didn't know the language, I knew the words. Sometimes I guess not knowing the language isn't really a barrier after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home