Bostonia Rantida

Thursday, June 26, 2008

SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP

Okay, so I am pretty wakeupable once it reaches a certain hour of the morning. I understand that. I don't sleep heavily, really, either. So crows wake me up when I'm at my parents house sometimes, or the annoying neighbor kids on their trampo-lampoline. Either way.

Today I was woken up by SWEEPING. Yeah. The guy two below me. Sweeping his porch. Again. He did it Monday or Tuesday, and he's out there sweeping for twenty minutes or more this morning. And then I leave to go to work, and he's out there, sweeping out front. I mean, I appreciate his fastidiousness about the front walk and the street, since he grabs garbage all along my little bricky sidewalk.

But Holy God, does he work? Was he the one that wrote me the passive aggressive note complaining about shit falling on his patio. I mean, you live in the city, right? And I don't smoke, so whatever butts are there aren't from me ... do you think the people with the deck next door could be the culprits? Or maybe the guys doing construction the other way? I know my windows (and a couple things inside my windows, since they were open) were covered in red brick dust recently, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. And surely I can't be the only one to have plants on my fire escape (not really escapey; no ladder). And it's not like he cared last summer when all the same stuff was out there.

Meanwhile, if you're sweeping so loudly that you're waking someone up, in the words of LOLCATZ, UR DOIN IT RONG.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Give him the pressed hams! That'll shut him up.

Ken

2:21 PM  
Blogger BR said...

It's okay, I moved and now there's nothing to wake me up in the early morning. Except the snoring of my boyfriend. But that's another story.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home