Bostonia Rantida

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Seem To Have Misplaced My Bo Staff

A few weeks back, I picked up a new shower curtain rod, and I ended up grabbing a bite and a brew with my friend before I had the chance to take it home.

Well, it turns out that I left my tension rod/bo staff at the bar we went to. I noticed before I got home, but I didn't want to turn around and go all the way back, so I called the bar when I got back to my house. The exchange went as follows:

Bartendress: Hi, this is the Pour House, can I help you?
Me: Hi, I was just there having dinner, and I, um, left the shower curtain rod that I bought under the bar where I was sitting.
Bartendress: What did you leave here?
Me: A ... shower curtain rod.
Bartendress: Hold on.
(Long pause, I go on hold.)
Bartendress: What brand was it?
Me: Uh ... Target?
Bartendress: Okay, yeah, it's here.
Me: Can I pick it up tomorrow?
Bartendress: Sure.
Me: Thanks, bye.

Only after I hung up did I fully appreciate the absurdity of my being asked the brand of the tension rod. As though someone else would have ALSO left a shower curtain rod at the bar on the same night.

The next day, I picked it up during lunch and then went to do some shopping at Shaw's. While doing the self check-out, I left the damn thing on the platform where you put your little shopping basket. I was almost at the corner before I realized it and rushed back in ... it was sitting right where I left it. Phew.

Moral of the story: Hold on to your bo staff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home