Bostonia Rantida

Monday, July 14, 2008

Zipcar'd

I deleted my account today. I was happy with them at first, but when someone backs into you and there's zero damage but you call them anyway, just to be a good doobie, and the person on the phone encourages you to get back on time and makes no indication that you should call the cops (it was my first accident, sorry, I didn't know and was panicking), instead urging you to get your car back on time, well, I just can't encourage that kind of crap behavior.

Meanwhile, talking via email with the account rep a month post-accident, she placates my frustration with "well, you should've called the cops to get an incident report." Oh, you think? Assholes.

Well, at the end of it, now I know better and they don't have my forwarding address. And, no, I won't be recommending it to friends, so please don't ask me to at the end of my account closing. Oh, but you did it anyway! I hate you.

In the interest of disclosure, they've just started to make it clear on the site that you are responsible for the deductible in the case of an accident, but let me be clear with you -- this was NOT explicitly stated when I signed up. I did skim my user contract, but I think something that could result in a $500 fee should be a little more obvious. Bad on you, car sharing!

Next up: BR is on the market for a bike.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

...er, if you need a bicycle seat... I might be able to hok you up.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

or "hook", even

7:19 AM  
Blogger BR said...

Let me guess, the seat is your face?!?

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home