Bostonia Rantida

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Dear God What Is That Stuff Falling Out Of The Sky?!?

Today is like any other VD, and I'm going out with friends for drinks after work (that's what I do every year, no matter what). As it turns out, I'm going to be the only girl in the group going out for drinks, and I think we're going to a (wonderfully) divey bar in Back Bay/Hynes area, so I'm guessing that any prospects are going to be nonexistent -- which is fine, that's not the purpose of going out and getting hammered on VD.

But there was one small wrench in my possible plans yesterday ... CHAOS was predicted on the local weather!

In the office, there are so many people working from home today, but the truth is, it's really not *that* bad out. Dude, we live in Massachusetts. It's pretty far north. You guys all forget how to drive in the snow?

Crossing Stuart Street, of course, I was pretty surprised to see a big truck just barreling through the slush -- I mean, Copley's a pretty pedestrian-heavy area, so that just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Meanwhile, I'll be tromping the four (long) blocks to the bar and steering clear of the people who think this is an actual holiday. Drinks are (not) on me! And here's a toast to all you crazy singles out there in Boston (and I know there are a lot of you):

Here's to being single, seeing double, and sleeping triple.

Here, here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bass Man said...

//Here's to being single, seeing double, and sleeping triple.//

Single? Check.
(Soon to be) Seeing double? Check.
Sleeping triple? Never gonna happen. Not that I wouldn't want it to mind you.

2:49 PM  
Blogger twg said...

Heh. I, of course, would *never* think of doing something so very scandalous. Heavens to Betsy!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home