Bostonia Rantida

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Splish Splash

Boston's feeling more like Seattle lately, but I'm not complaining. It's August, and a respite from the heat isn't going to make this girl cry. I will be happy to see the sun again tomorrow and try out my brand new bike (woooo, Target Schwinn!).

Anyway, though, back to the rain. In the aftermath of a rainshower last week, I was walking to a local post office during my lunch break. I was walking in the street when a van came barreling down it. I moved as far towards the curb, since there was fencing up right next to the street. As it got closer, the van slowed considerably, and the driver said, "Bet you thought you was gonna get splashed!" and laughed. Then he drove off.

I did think I was going to get splashed. He totally "got me."

People are strange, but I was happy to remain dry, at least. Unlike the last time I was out and about around puddles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home