Bostonia Rantida

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Trash Day

I don't know if the entire South End is like my neighborhood, but one thing I appreciate is how much cleaner my street is now than when I lived in a different neighborhood to the southeast. Yes, a lot of the trash was there because of the trash pickers that come for your returnables (a big reason why I learned to never, ever take my trash out the night before), but a lot of it was also just thrown around haphazardly by people walking down the street.

Now, I'm not dealing with that (at least to the same extent), and I'm happy. But I'll be happier when street cleaning season comes back and cleans what is there.

I also love having trash pickup two days a week, even if I rarely put it out both days. It's really nice to be able to say, "Oh, I forgot to put it out, I'll just do it in three days." Back in my previous place, you forgot to take it out and you looked at it for a week. Of course, I barely generate any trash anyway ... My trash bag was about 1/3 full after a whole week ... but I threw it out anyway because there was some food in it and I wanted to pare down my endless supply of plastic bags.

At least it was a balmy (relatively) morning ... that's something to smile about:)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Sagacious Dodger said...

I always forget weds. is trash day half the time. Then I end up having to rush out half dressed so I can deliver my trash to the 'waste maintenance' dudes before they take off. It is a great way to make sure you are awake though.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home