Bostonia Rantida

Friday, March 02, 2007

Shut Your F*cking Golf Umbrella

You, sir, are an asshole.



You know who you are. You're the guy in the suit with his expensive shoes, and you're walking down a narrow Boston street with your big freaking golf umbrella, and I hate you. I have on a skirt, my legs are wet, but I'm not complaining. I've got my normal sized umbrella and it's keeping me dry from the waist up, at least. Plus I can navigate the streets normally.

If you're so damn important that you need to stay dry, maybe you should invest in a raincoat and some galoshes, OR JUST TAKE A CAB. When you're forcing people to jump off the curb into a puddle to get by you, YOUR UMBRELLA IS TOO BIG. You know who should be holding a golf umbrella? A golfer. Or my grandma. Little old ladies get a free pass on giant umbrellas because you know, I don't really want to see them get wet.

The rest of you? Carry normal-sized umbrellas.

This has been a public service announcement from Bostonia Rantida. The more you know! And .... star!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Sagacious Dodger said...

I have mixed feelings about that. Those umbrellas are nice if you are a tall person. Or if you are walking with someone and you only have one umbrella between the two of you. I can see your point about forcing people off of the sidewalks though, but I think you can be courteous about if just by raising your umbrella higher when people pass by. Or getting a smaller umbrella and a longer coat. The latter option is a bit easier.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home