Bostonia Rantida

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Girl Bike

So, I bought a bike! Exciting! My commute just got AWESOME. Seriously, though, it was my first day riding, and although I haven't ridden a bike since my father put together the collapsible boat bikes about a year ago so we could take a movie back to Blockbuster and drive by our old house on the way. And before that ... years. I had this little Giant mountain bike. Teal, as everything in the early 90s probalo was. Man, I loved that little bike. I was still shrimpy-short back then -- always one of four people (it was me, Mikey O, Missy, and Gretchen, after Dillon moved away) who were the shortest in my class. So when I got it, my Awesome bike (that was the sub-brand, honestly), my parents had to get me the special tiny sized frame. But I loved that bike! I rode it to school, past boys' houses, to my friend Lisa's since she lived in the other zip code of my city.

Anyway, I went to Target on Sunday to get a starter bike (yes, JUST missed the rain, too). I ended up with a nice little Schwinn. Cheap! Sexy blue color! Girl bar! Yeah, yeah, I'm a wuss. I fucking hate climbing over that goddamn bar, though! Plus I will probably occasionally ride it in skirts, so you know. The lower bar seems like a better idea.

So, yay! Out of the T's clutches and back to happy commuting! Plus, it only took me about 15 minutes to ride the 3 miles. Wooooo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Pieniazek said...

Congrats on your new found freedom from the T!

Bikes rock, my Shogun is pretty much my only mode of transportation and couldn't be happier for it.

Oh, and yeah bicycles are often the fastest mode of transportation in this city!

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home