Bostonia Rantida

Monday, August 25, 2008

More Biking Fun

Took the bikes out to breakfast and then Trader Joe's. On the way home, we got stopped at one of those lame lights ... you know, two side streets, perfectly adequately served by a 4 way stop, etc. My boyfriend encouraged me to run it. We ended up doing so. I said, "Baby, I want to be the change I seek in the bike world. I can't run red lights, because I hate it when people do that and I'm on foot (and they almost run into people). I won't give into temptation to have the best of both the pedestrian and automotive worlds. If I'm on the street, I have to be the car. That's how it goes.

Speaking of being a car, fuck the guy who honked at me this morning when I was trying to turn left! We were stopped at a red light! It takes me a minute to move ... you're going to get through the damn light anyway!

Additionally, I just saw someone walking down the street in bright pink hot shorts and what appeared to have been Totes Toasties ... you know, those socks with grip? Random.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

//Baby, I want to be the change I seek in the bike world.//

pure awesome.

3:28 AM  
Blogger BR said...

thanks :)

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home